The SunMeter is a high technology electronic device primary designed to accurately measure the solar
radiation and make it available to the user in the best suitable way for its applications. It can be connected to the Huawei Smart Logger as well.
- You have logged in to the WebUI as advanced user.
- Connect the weather station communication bus in one of the RS485 empty communication port: COM(1-3) and power supply to DC IN 24V input
If Smartlogger connects to the power supply through the 12V input power port, this port can be used as the 12V output power port. If DC IN 24V input is used, you need to use external power supply to supply the weather station).
Balanced differential bus RS485 needs to be terminated , at the extremities of the bus, by a 100-120 Ω resistor (0,25 W) between RS485+/RS485- lines in order to avoid signal’s reflections. If Smart Logger is the device at one extremity, place the resistor into the supplied female connector.
- Log in to the WebUI as admin (Smartlogger3000) or advanced user (Smartlogger1000A) > choose Settings tab > select Comm. Param. > RS485 > set the communication parameters for the proper COM port accordingly with device documentation.NOTE:
The default setting for SUNMETER PRO WIND are:
- Protocol: Modbus
- Baud rate: 19200
- Address: 1
- Parity: none
- Stop Bit: 1
- Choose Maintenance tab > select Device Mgmt. > Connect Device > click Add Device. In the displayed dialog box, set Device Type to EMI, Comm. Protocol to Modbus RTU and Port number accordingly to the connection.
- Choose Monitoring tab > select the device to change on the left side (it is displayed as EMI) > click Running Param. > set the following data for weather station:
- Register the signal addresses as it is shown below > Submit
- Click Running Info to check the status and measurements. Current values should be visible immediately.