This section describes how to connect EMI to SmartLogger3000 through WebUI. Below can find two possible ways to connect the EMI: COM port or AI port. You can find the list of compatible weather stations on this page.
Connecting the EMI via Modbus RTU (16 - COM port 1-3)
- Login on SmartLogger3000 as admin > Choose Settings tab > Comm. Param. menu > RS485 > set the communication parameters for the EMI accordingly with instruction provided: baud rate, parity, stop bit and start address-end address:
After you set the communication parameters for EMI you must add the devices manually in Smartlogger3000: Go to Maintenance > Connect Device > Add Device > choose device type EMI, port number and the EMI address > Add device
Select the EMI type: Go to Monitoring > select the EMI > Running Param. > Select the EMI model > Submit
- If your EMI is not in the list then choose EMI model Other and set the Signal Address (Modbus register) and the Gain (format data) accordingly with the EMI instruction received:
Connect the EMI through AI port (14 - AI port 1-4)
- Login on SmartLogger3000 as admin > choose Maintenance tab > select Connect Device > Add Device > set device type EMI > connection mode AI > set the address > Add Device
Set a different address than all the existing address on Smartlogger3000 for the new EMI.
- Go to Monitoring > Select the port where the EMI is connected > Running Param.: > set the lower and upper threshold > set the start and end V/mA (check the user manuals of EMI) > Submit
Below you can find parameters description:
- Check the EMI running info: Go to Monitoring > Select the portwhere the EMI is connected > Running Info