This section describes the operation and maintenance instructions of the export limitation function. The Export Limitation feature is mainly used in the self-cunsuption scenario. The SmartLogger3000 detects the active power of the grid-tied point electric meter, controls the active output of the inverter in a closed-loop manner, prevents the inverter output power from being transmitted to the power grid, and maximizes the inverter power generation for local load consumption. You can use Wizard configuration or Manual configuration.
- You have connected to the Smart Logger and logged in to the Web UI (see instructions to connect the Smart Logger via LAN and log in to the Web UI)
- You have installed and connected the Smart Meter (see instructions to connect DTSU666-H or Janitza UMG 103)
- You have connected needed inverters to the system (see instructions to connect inverters with RS-485 or MBUS PLC)
- You have turned ON AC or DC switch of inverters.
Export limitation configuration (Wizard configuration)
- Go to Settings > Power Adjustment > Export Limitation > if you already connected the Smart Meter click Yes and go to step 3, if the Smart Meter connected, but not setted up click No and go to step 2
- Configure Meter parameters: select the Port number> set Address of the Meter > select Meter Type (if the Smart Meter is not in the list, select Other and configure all registers below).
- Set Inverter Parameters (you can leave all settings by default here)> Batch configuration > Next
- Set Active power control mode to Export Limitation > choose Limitation mode to Total Power or Single-phase power > set all other parameters if needed > Submit
Export limitation configuration (Manual configuration)
See Prerequisites clause above to Log in to the Web UI, connect the Smart Meter to the system and set all communication parameters with inverters > Go to Settings > Power Adjustment > Active Power Control > set Active power control mode to Export Limitation > Start Control to Yes > change meter direction if needed > set Limitation mode to Total power or Single-phase power > set all other parameters if needed > Submit
After you set export limitation and the function doesn’t work, please check the next:
- The meter should be installed at the consumption main point and not on a secondary consumption point.
- Check if the electric meter power direction is set correctly. You can check the meter sense following the next steps:
1. Disable the function export limitation
2. Stop all the inverters: Сhoose Maintenance menu > Stop the inverters in batch.
3. Go to Monitoring menu > select the Meter and check the value of Active power. If the value is positive that set the electric meter power direction to positive. If the value is negative set the electric meter power direction to Reverse (see picture below).
- Check the power raising threshold: If you set the maximum grid feed-in power to 0 than you can set the raising threshold to 0.1.